The Ghost Council
Frequently Asked Questions
[HOME] Ghost Riders of Tyria doesn’t have a leader, but is instead run by its members in a system we call ‘The Ghost Council.’ Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about the way we run things.
What is the Ghost Council?
The Ghost Council is a rotating group of 5 Members that take care of [HOME] behind the scenes. These 5 members sign up for an 8 week term and take care of the tasks that you would typically expect of a Guild Leader.
[HOME] is a very community focused guild, so the council was decided on as an alternative system to allow all members to have a say in leading, running and deciding on the direction of the guild. At least one of the seven ‘Founding’ members of the guild will be in the role at all times to ensure that [HOME] doesn’t stray from its founding principles of being a warm and welcoming space and to also advise and guide guild members that are new to the role.
Anyone is welcome to sign up to help for a term of 8 weeks. As a guild, [HOME] relies on guild members willing to contribute to the guild in this way, so it is always massively appreciated when people can step up to help out!
What are the responsibilities of the Ghost Council?
The Ghost Council is responsible for the general admin and everyday duties of the guild! These include, but are not limited to:
• Interviewing new applicants to the guild, inviting those who are a good fit and giving them a warm welcome to our [HOME].
• General Admin responsibilities like keeping the guild roster tidy, removing guildies who have been offline for over a month, and sending in-game mails so they know to get back in touch when they return.
• Keeping an eye on the Discord to make sure rules are being followed and acting as an intermediary if conflict does arise between members.
• Voting on and responding to requests that are submitted to the Ghost Council through #the-request-room or here.
• Helping decide on rank promotions for guildies, promoting them in-game and on discord, and making announcements when rank promotions are made.
• Helping run guild events like mid-weeks or helping out with Guild Missions if you want to.
• Every 2 weeks the Ghost Council has a 1 hour meeting to discuss any topics that have come up recently within the guild, decide on promotions and to plan what events we’d like to do in the upcoming weeks.
Who can apply?
Anyone is welcome to apply to the Ghost Council regardless of their time spent in the guild, guild rank or experience in the game! We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about the position and help and information will be provided to those who haven’t had experience with the role before.
If you are interested please approach a member of the Ghost Council either in game or on Discord, or just click here!
I want to run a midweek event, can I run one without being on the Ghost Council?
Of course! We always welcome more people interested in leading events! We currently try to plan the mid-week event slots a couple of weeks in advance, so if you have something you’d like to run for the guild, reach out and we can make sure a slot is free for you.
Anyone is welcome to run non-midweek events, for example, evening dungeon runs, boss runs, HP runs or whatever else! Reach out to us if you’d like to be assigned the bot role and learn how to use scruffy to create event sign ups. You can message any member of the Council or contact us here.
I have a suggestion for an event, who should I contact?
Of course! We use the discord channels #the-request-room and #transparent-ghost-council for these requests. If you’d rather do it privately, feel free to contact anyone currently on the Ghost Council via PM, in-game mail or by clicking here and we’ll see what we can do!
Interested in joining and helping out our [HOME]?
If you have any more questions or are interested in signing up for a term on the Council, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our current Council members!
Any and all help is appreciated!